Share your favorite other podcasts

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.
Cthuhugh
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Share your favorite other podcasts

Post by Cthuhugh » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:38 am

A podcast I'm listening to at the moment is http://spellburn.com/ It's a podcast dedicated to the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG by Goodman Games.
...and as mentioned earlier Monster Talk is awesome.
Steve Highfield in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario. Fenton Beanland in the Call of Cthulhu "The Inheritor " scenario.

hastur
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by hastur » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:13 pm

the only other podcast i follow right now is Star Talk Radio.
still waiting for an Aldebaran special episode.
say it three times, girl
there's no tomorrow
and there's no today
say it three times
i'm not far away

i survived the Post GenCon Random Bizarre BS episode

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:54 am

Found another good one while looking for games on the Dresden Files so here's one short campaign to let the crew get used to the Fate system & another going through the whole steps of creating the characters, city & more. Quite a wild time over with Knights of the Night & most of the episodes are about an hour long with some real unexpected moments.

http://kotnpodcast.blogspot.com/p/dresden-rpg.html
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Shimmin Beg
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Shimmin Beg » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:17 am

I had a lot of fun with Close the Airlock! (Traveller), although there was a shift from muddling along to High-Fi drama towards the end with power escalation and stuff that wasn't as much to my taste.

Jennisodes is off the air, possibly permanently due to baby, but I'm still enjoying grabbing stuff from the archives that I didn't hear at the time. It's basically a series of interviews with people associated with gaming, so although I wouldn't mainline it like I do with actual play (too samey) I personally found Jenn's style easy listening and refreshingly cheery.

Improvised Radio Theatre with Dice is discussion of particular topics in gaming or game systems, mostly focusing on those between the "top five" and "indie" extremes. Like Innsmouth House, another example of the rare British gaming podcast.

I personally enjoy PiCast although you will need to understand German.

The Walking Eye is a very indie and storygame-inclined crew, with a mix of actual play and topical shows. I'm personally a fair trad gamer, but enjoy their podcasts anyway - not least because it helps confirm my suspicions that I wouldn't enjoy some game or other. The topic shows include some valuable ones about things like cultural appropriation and gender/sexuality/identity for players. They do discuss Call of Cthulhu, and run through a ton of games I'd never heard of, which is nice.

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Hiya! Got a tip from Robin Laws for the Shake, Rattle and Roleplay Podcast. Pretty great - very story driven participants and they are way into their gaming. Great and very well planned out podcasts full of tips on GM'ing and some good looks at some of story driven RPGs; they are very into Prime Time Adventures and FATE Core - so got some unknown system knowlege... They eventually talk about some Hillfolk (Robin's reference in the Podcast), so looking forward to it. Really appreciate it good podcast with some nice advice.

Enjoy! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior

Post by Wordcraftian » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:33 am

Does anyone know of a podcast that covers Exalted?

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:35 am

Wordcraftian wrote:Does anyone know of a podcast that covers Exalted?
I do not. Sorry bro.

Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior

Post by Wordcraftian » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:27 am

It's cool. Obviously, we love our game more than they love theirs. lol

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Hey all! A quick scan of the forum tells me I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but if you are looking for some entertaining live plays, I'd recommend "One Shot" by James D'Amato. (Fellow Chicagoan! :) ) I believe a lot of the people involved are in the Chicago improv scene, so a bit more on the comedy side - it is very entertaining. James runs with quite an array of game systems so you can hear about a ton of cool mechanics and ideas to throw into your games for a special situation, or maybe find another system you want to try out. I've really enjoyed it - hope I can get to their 'casting present soon. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:59 pm

One podcast I've just started listening to during my runs is the No Sleep Podcast, which are horror fiction stories that are excellently done. It is a bi-weekly podcast, although if you subscribe they are moving to a weekly format. Highly recommended.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/