Poll- Split RSS Feeds for Live Play?

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.

Should Live Play Recordings have their own RSS Feed?

Poll ended at Thu May 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Yes, a second feed exclusive to live play.
60%
No, keep it as is.
20%
Leave everything on the current feed, and make two new ones exclusive to MUP main show and live play.
20%
Other (please post)
No votes

Total votes: 10

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Poll- Split RSS Feeds for Live Play?

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm thinking of making a new feed just for the live play episodes, separate from the main podcast. Since we're looking at potentially increasing the number of live play recordings, I think it would be prudent to not spam people's feed with content they might not necessarily want.
This is the same tactic that RPPR takes, and I think it works pretty well. I'm also considering some shorter content releases for the main feed between main MUP episodes, so it's not like that would be left vacant all the time between releases.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Poll- Split RSS Feeds for Live Play?

Post by Keeper Dan » Wed May 01, 2013 12:31 am

Okay, I went ahead and got this set up.
[url=itmss://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/miskatonic-university-podcast/id513748183]Image[/url]
[url=itmss://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/miskatonic-university-podcast/id642632314]Image[/url]

Here are buttons to the Podcast feed and the Live Play feed, using both iTunes and the standard RSS.

To commemorate the mutation of the one feed into two, we'll have an exclusive Actual Play recording from a well known Call of Cthulhu writer. This is the first game recording this particular person has done, and he sent us the audio to share with all of you. It will be available this coming weekend. :cthulhu2:
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast