Your ideas for show topics

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.
Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor
Re: Your ideas for show topics

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Folk Arts is nice. I was thinking in the Dumpster Dive or Scrapyard direction.

Since you missed last show, you might not have heard Dan's call out to MU Nation for listener-submitted content. We're looking for segments that listeners could send us, like Yog Radio used to do with book reviews, and like I was doing with the history segments before I became a full-on member of this godforsaken cult. I like the theme of cheap gaming aids. Seems like that could work!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:12 pm

I've been thinking about a segment that focuses on unusual psychological afflictions and/or treatments. Call it Case Reports From Arkham Sanitarium or something like that. I could do that I think...
Not a hack!

JanitorJon
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JanitorJon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 pm

I'm liking the folk art theme... I was thinking lost and found or post property .. something along those lines. I will put some thought into it and I'm sure I can look into recording something short and sweet. When is your content deadline?

Great you have you all jump into the discussion! :lol:

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:17 pm

PincRmovement wrote:I'm liking the folk art theme... I was thinking lost and found or post property .. something along those lines. I will put some thought into it and I'm sure I can look into recording something short and sweet. When is your content deadline?

Great you have you all jump into the discussion! :lol:
Every other Sunday, but we are recording again this week. So, yeah, try and get it to us every other Saturday?

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Awesome to hear this might actually happen!

I might recommend a little trick -- you might want to write and record a few of them before you send the first one, just because it can be more fun when you have one or two in the bank.

The other thing is that you might try thinking of it as a series with a set number of episodes instead of something you have to to forever. When I started the history segments (Oh lord, if you're new to the show, you probably haven't heard any of them! Ack!), I told myself I was just going to do 5 of them. And then when those were done I said I would do 10.

Anyway, work however you want to work and do what keeps it fun for you. And let us know if you need any help at all putting them together.
Plays for Keepers

JanitorJon
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JanitorJon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Thanks guys great advise. I think I'm going to enjoy this :) Will try and make this Saturdays deadline but may depend on recording / getting my s£#t together.

Keep up the good work.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm thrilled to see a positive response to my call out.

As the show moves into the future, I want to see it evolve. Something I'd love to see with that is bringing in more voices of our community. There's no requirements of every episode. Just send something in when you have something ready. If I get several, then I'll probably space them out among multiple episodes.

Feel free to keep throwing out ideas for segments. These can be things you'd just like to hear, even if you don't want to do the recording for it.
Another cool option would be for some folks to be writers for segments, and others doing the reading of them. Use the forums here to coordinate your efforts.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:41 pm

EddyPo wrote:I've been thinking about a segment that focuses on unusual psychological afflictions and/or treatments. Call it Case Reports From Arkham Sanitarium or something like that. I could do that I think...
I love it! Please, please do this!
Plays for Keepers

JanitorJon
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JanitorJon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Going to struggle to make this Sundays deadline. Been trying to record through iphone with mixed results.

However I was thinking that perhaps the section could take a janitorial theme. With the lost and found, brickabrack feel to it. I always imagine janitors in an office full off cr$p bolted onto the side of the gym.

Anyway I'm going to pull some together based around scrap books/ props and writing your own adventure / atmosphere creation.

Hope that's sounds ok.

Janitor Jon (Seriously considering changing my profile to that name). :D

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Sounds great to me!
Plays for Keepers