Your ideas for show topics

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Your ideas for show topics

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 am

I loves me the bumpers. :D
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:16 pm

I was thinking about having a discussion, and even maybe having a guest about tips to write a scenario. There are a lot of keepers out there that write their own scenarios, and some even try to publish those. I think that providing tips for new and old keepers alike will be a good idea. This can be even an ongoing segment that doesn't have to appear on every show.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:21 pm

WiseWolf wrote:I was thinking about having a discussion, and even maybe having a guest about tips to write a scenario. There are a lot of keepers out there that write their own scenarios, and some even try to publish those. I think that providing tips for new and old keepers alike will be a good idea. This can be even an ongoing segment that doesn't have to appear on every show.
This is a good one, and not the first time something like it has been suggested. We wandered into the subject a few times (the Sandbox vs. Scripted episode comes to mind), but it has never been the central topic.

It might also be fun to actually brainstorm a quick scenario outline from Soup to Nuts during a show sometime. It could also get chaotic, but might be worthwhile. Maybe workshopping a scenario with a guest?
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 pm

WiseWolf wrote:I was thinking about having a discussion, and even maybe having a guest about tips to write a scenario. There are a lot of keepers out there that write their own scenarios, and some even try to publish those. I think that providing tips for new and old keepers alike will be a good idea. This can be even an ongoing segment that doesn't have to appear on every show.
One of my favorite subjects. :mrgreen:

Whakahoa
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Whakahoa » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:28 am

Hey guys, long time listener first time... you know.

Never played the game (though I am extremely keen to), but I was thinking maybe an interesting subject for an upcoming podcast could be the use of the actual Elder Gods in a scenario? The bestiary covers the usual creatures, but how a Keeper plays an Elder God and actually has them interact in a scenario would be pretty helpful to people thinking about using them.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:25 am

Whakahoa wrote:Hey guys, long time listener first time... you know.

Never played the game (though I am extremely keen to), but I was thinking maybe an interesting subject for an upcoming podcast could be the use of the actual Elder Gods in a scenario? The bestiary covers the usual creatures, but how a Keeper plays an Elder God and actually has them interact in a scenario would be pretty helpful to people thinking about using them.
This is a really great idea. And it's not at all obvious how to deal with such powerful entities in a game and still foster a fun role play experience.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Whakahoa wrote:Hey guys, long time listener first time... you know.

I like it. Hmm... now to pick a god...

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:10 am

I think it should be the only feasible good that the players would meet and possibly survive, Nyarlathotep.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Whakahoa
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Whakahoa » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:04 pm

Ever since I read Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods', I've thought Bast would be an interesting figure to incorporate into an Egypt based scenario but I haven't seen many mentioned. Most of the AP's I've listened to tend to stay away from Elder Gods.

Thomas R. Knutsson
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Thomas R. Knutsson » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 am

I'm not sure if this is a good show topic, but I'm having it hard finding any good material about New England before the 1920s. The game material about the Gaslight Era just seems to focus on London and Great Britain. I'd like to know more about that time in history to better describe it, paint the picture, to my players. (Many of my players like to play their characters from a young age up to when it's time to retire, which give their characters about 45 years of gametime to play. That means that I as a game master have to rough sketch up plans for campaigns lasting decades. Much work for me, but pays off in the enthusiasm I'm met with from my players.)
In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan.
-"The Strange High House in the Mist" by HPL