Your ideas for show topics

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Your ideas for show topics

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:36 pm

We want to do more stuff that's player oriented, and we'd love your suggestions that can help players.

We want to hear your topic suggestions, regardless of if they're player or Keeper oriented.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior
Re: Your ideas for show topics

Post by Wordcraftian » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 pm

What are your thought's on playing without a written scenario? "Winging it" if you will. The keeper I played with is a Lovecraft fan, and has read the Keeper's Manual, so he knows the creatures and the stats, but he's essentially making up the scenario as we go. Do you feel this can improve the experience for the players or diminish it overall? Why?

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Wordcraftian wrote:What are your thought's on playing without a written scenario? "Winging it" if you will. The keeper I played with is a Lovecraft fan, and has read the Keeper's Manual, so he knows the creatures and the stats, but he's essentially making up the scenario as we go. Do you feel this can improve the experience for the players or diminish it overall? Why?
This is a good topic. Sandbox gaming versus Scripted gaming, what are the pros and cons as it applies to Call of Cthulhu.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Indeed, that is a good topic. We should hit that one fairly soon, I think it would be of benefit to a lot of people.

DoctorBob
Freshman
Freshman

Post by DoctorBob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Since the Miskatonic History Department just visited Connecticut, how about a look at the legendary "Moodus noises"?

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:28 pm

DoctorBob wrote:Since the Miskatonic History Department just visited Connecticut, how about a look at the legendary "Moodus noises"?
Chad! You got this, right? :D :cthulhudance:

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 pm

DoctorBob wrote:Since the Miskatonic History Department just visited Connecticut, how about a look at the legendary "Moodus noises"?
That's an awesome idea! I had no idea the high school team mascot is "The Noises." That's hilarious. I lived in Indiana a few years ago when there was a big "buzz" about the so-called "Kokomo Hum." There are a lot of these unexplained low-frequency phenomena around, so it would be fun to wrap them all together.

And this is obviously a great topic for playing with sound effects. Brilliant!

I need to start a thread over in the National History Honors Society for lecture series ideas.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Wordcraftian wrote:What are your thought's on playing without a written scenario? "Winging it" if you will. The keeper I played with is a Lovecraft fan, and has read the Keeper's Manual, so he knows the creatures and the stats, but he's essentially making up the scenario as we go. Do you feel this can improve the experience for the players or diminish it overall? Why?
Wordcraftian, are you having fun in that scenario? Does the "winging" it diminish your experience at all?
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Zombieneighbours » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Perhaps an ep on developing buy in. Why is it that investigators are poking around in dusty libraries rather than running like snot away from these horrors, and how Players and Keepers can work together to generate believable, and enjoyable reasons for the Investigators not to run for the cops.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:28 am

Added to the list!