Cthulhu Invictus help - Roman Britan - creatures

Discussion of existing creatures, and original ones you create. Natural or fantastical, all are welcome to go under the microscope for science.
Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman
Cthulhu Invictus help - Roman Britan - creatures

Post by Ritterton » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:03 pm

So need some nudges towards a few sources that can help me as I put together a CI idea/story/PbP Campaign set in Roman Britania...it's with the underlying source. Think Picts vs. Romans and players are Roman. Where I am trying to get to is some Great Pan/Satyr/Green Man or a female entity that is a Banshee Queen meet's Black Annis combination that has energized the Picts/Scoti...have a great warning with the Bean Nigh, but need to figure out whether to use a cult of Shub-Niggurath or Nyarlathotep. So would love some suggestions there?

Then I need a few terrible minions that the barbarians can be given in assistance...not sure what makes the most sense. Would love some suggestions there too.

Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Cthulhu Invictus help - Roman Britan - creatures

Post by Ritterton » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 am

So at a Halloween party a person had made this really gruesome creature mask...best described as a cross between a goat and a wolf with a very wide and elongated face and maul of a mouth. I mean each side of the mouth was probably 24" long with dozens of teeth on each side and the the front teeth area was probably a good 16" wide. The creature had a set of goat curled horns. Added to it were a set of wolf like front paws...it made for a great creature.

I was thinkng of calling it Pans Abomination - maybe make a pack of said creatures...ferral creatures. Have a backstory that is a knock off of Rosemary's Baby for the origin's - but figure that a Beltane event results in the birth and the rapid growth of the abominations that can then be ordered to attack.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:40 pm

That sounds horrific and aweome. Missed the earlier message - I personally think a Shub-Niggurath cult is a good bet given the fertility themes you are pulling from here.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ritterton » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:43 am

Thanks Doc. I think that a Shub-Niggarth cult - with two faces -- the Black Ram and the Mother of 1000 Young makes a lot of sense. Will start developing the concept of the cult, it's abominations, and alliance. Thanks Doc.