Fantastic tool for Keepers and Players alike

We're born, go to school, get a job, and die. Sometimes the monotony is broken by going mad somewhere in between. Rules, ideas, examples... All are welcome here.
TheStoryteller
Freshman
Freshman
Fantastic tool for Keepers and Players alike

Post by TheStoryteller » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Hey all, Storyteller here with a quick resource that is pretty awesome. Thought everyone should know about http://writingexercises.co.uk/index.php. This site has generators for players, such as Character Job/Occupation Generator, or Character Traits generator. It also includes resources for the Keeper as well: a Town Name Generator, Plot Generator, and a Scenario Generator. I believe my favorite is the "Take Three Nouns" page. But overall, it is a really useful tool, and if anybody tries it out, post here and let me know what you get. 8-)

-John

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Fantastic tool for Keepers and Players alike

Post by EddyPo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Cool! Thanks for sharing this.
Not a hack!

TheStoryteller
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TheStoryteller » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:03 am

No problem. Just saw it and thought Keepers everywhere could really use it. And sorry for the long delay, I've been on a binge brainstorming session. I've decided to start seriously putting pen to paper on some scenarios and source books I want to write. I have a TON of ideas, and I'm super-confident in the awesomeness of each one. I'm just going to write and see what comes out, and pitch things as I finish.

Regards,
-John

P.S. Any chance we could add that link to the Card Catalog on the podcast? Thanks guys for what you all do.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:42 pm

TheStoryteller wrote:P.S. Any chance we could add that link to the Card Catalog on the podcast? Thanks guys for what you all do.
I'll remind Dan about posting this in the card catalog.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:36 pm

It's already queued up. I added it to last episode's show notes, but we covered Cory's period game markers first, so I carried it over for next show. Thanks again for sharing it!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

TheStoryteller
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TheStoryteller » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:24 pm

No problem guys. If I come across any other good resources, I'll let you know. How do you prefer suggestions be delivered? The only method I haven't used yet is the Voicemail or Speakpipe.

Thanks,
-John

P.S. I just thought of this, but how long does the update take for Sponsor badges on the forum? Just curious, so no rush. Keep on doing what you guys do. 8-)

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:44 am

If you send an email, it tends to get priority over forum posts as far as being mentioned on the show, so that was a good move. If you send a voicemail or Speakpipe, it gets the highest priority because we like to hear other voices on the show. I'll find out about badges.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

TheStoryteller
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TheStoryteller » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:31 pm

I caught the new episode with this suggestion. Awesome work as always, I'm greatly impressed. Next time I'll use the voice options to submit things. 8-) As for the badges, no rush. I mostly donated because I want to help fund the show. If I had an endless supply of disposable income, I'd donate it here too.

-John