Impeccable Throw

Combat rules discussion. Beat them up, blow them up, burn them up, blow them away. If it ruins someone's day, this is probably the forum to talk about it.
thedoctorwho
Freshman
Freshman
Impeccable Throw

Post by thedoctorwho » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:19 am

I'm not sure if this belongs here so forgive me, but i had a question about the spell Impeccable Throw.

We have been playing that if you successfully roll your throw, it's an automatic success wherever the person wants to hit, but the rules to the spell itself are rather vague. Does anyone know the rulings or have any house rules they can share?

thank you.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Impeccable Throw

Post by Gladius » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:38 am

I've been using this in the Lurco campaign. The players immediately tried to use it to throw a dagger in someone's eye. I've basically allowed it to be an automatic hit, and totally bypass armor when they do this, and additional Impale. It's totally overpowered, in this form. It costs like 1 HP to cast. I don't really think this was the intention of the spell, but I don't know how else players might try to use it.

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: Impeccable Throw

Post by fox01313 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Agreed it's written a little vague & up to interpretation but with the part about needing enough force to throw it will do some of it's part but the spell just helps guide the item in it's flight from point A to point B. If the object is sturdy enough I'd also go with the more coincidental route where someone throws an item which can bounce off walls/floors at the proper angles to land where it needs to. If going for a combat you can always tone it down to hit someone like Gladius mentioned but not have it's aim so precise to hit the eye of the person (or just hit their face so can roll to see if it hits the eye or other parts of the face).
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)