In this episode, Keepers Dan, Jon and Chad chat about a new PDF from Chaosium, Cthulhu Through the Ages, that serves as a primer for various settings and eras of Call of Cthulhu. We also talk about Mythos-inspired board and card games. This episode was recorded on March 1, 2015.
- The Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion has only a few days left in the Kickstarter, and it's going strong! As noted on Bret Kramer's blog, the Masks Companion also got some coverage on The Good Friends of Jackson Elias.
- Golden Geek Awards: Congratulations to Call of Cthulhu and Horror on the Orient Express for placing as runners up in the Game of the Year and Best Supplement categories. Sincere congrats to Chaosium and to the winning podcasts -- and thanks to those who voted our way.
- The Curse of Nineveh, a London campaign that was a stretch goal of the Cthulhu Britannica has now been sent to backers.
- Ex-KISS Guitarist BRUCE KULICK, W.A.S.P. Axeman DOUGLAS BLAIR Record New Music For 'Dreams In The Witch House'!
- Here's another shot of the 12” Cthulhu Action Figure that debuted at Toy Fair 2015.
- And how about this sweet "Diamond Select" Cthulhu Idol piggy bank in vinyl? Right?
- Cthulhu Through the Ages PDF has been released! Backers of the 7e Kickstarter received a code to get it for free, and anyone else can currently get it for half price at $7.47. It's just in PDF for now, but could be released in print later.
- End of the World: Wrath of the Gods
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... -the-gods/
- The french version of 7th Edition has been released: L'Appel de Cthulhu, 7e édition française
- Lovecraftian Science, the blog that is so awesome, is Kickstarting and releasing a book of articles to backers.
- And here's a little something about radioactive material used in cosmetics.
- The graphic novel Casefile: Arkham -- a hardboiled detective in H.P. Lovecraft's Arkham, is in crowd funding. It's created by Patrick McEvoy (Call of Cthulhu) & Josh Finney (World War Kaiju).
- And we are putting a call out for listener-submitted segments. Game, book, movie, or toy reviews, "Skill of the Day", Jazz Era facts, etc. Nothing long or complicated, but it would be awesome. We could also use a volunteer to post on outside forums when a new show drops.
The April items have been revealed for Parcel of Terror!
And here's the first ever unboxing!
We chat about the Cthulhu Through the Ages book that was just released to the public.
For reference, here's a comparison chart of Pluto, Earth and the Moon.
For those not familiar with Thundarr the Barbarian, here's a short documentary on the show.
This week's main topic is all about board games, card games and dice games. The following is a list of links to official game pages and other goodies referred to in the episode.
Check here for a list of Mythos-inspired games up to about 2011.