MU Podcast 063 - Star Spawn of GenCon!

Discussion about podcast episodes
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: MU Podcast 063 - Star Spawn of GenCon!

Post by EddyPo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:Image
Murf!
Not a hack!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Yeah, this was the second day of GenCon, after a really long night. This was taken right before the costplay parade. He had just finished a pretty heated game of Age of Sail.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:10 am

I was one of the playtest Keepers for Chad's new edition of Cthulhu Dark Ages. Glad to see it's going to happen as he wasn't sure at the time I volunteered off the Yog site.

Also, I wasn't aware MU wanted more live COC games. :o

I emailed Murph and Jon (as I don't have the emails for Chad and Dan technically) and here's the link to my Dropbox for another run of "Dockside Dogs". This is VERY different from the Skype of Cthulhu run, btw. Very different.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/819e54n3jkrom ... 6.mp3?dl=0

If there's enough interest I will do more. My group just finished the first session of the classic "Tell Me, Have You Seen The Yellow Sign" from THE GREAT OLD ONES.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Shimmin Beg
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Shimmin Beg » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:28 am

A plot centred around a sinister tome, you say? Maybe someone should write a series of blog posts obsessively discussing the minutiae of powerful magical boo- oh right, I was doing that. Nice to be ahead of the curve for once...

One thought that struck me during some of the discussion was, you could do a mashup scenario bringing together a fertility cult, the Colour out of Space and ideas from Free Dirt (Twilight Zone). Throw it all in there and see what the players make of it, then decide what the actual solution is. You could string it out by making the truth the last thing they think of, or let their first choice be right, as suits. Might be a good fit for groups who are too Mythos-savvy for their own good, and who would instantly spot a Shubby cult or a CooS if that was the whole story.