NecronomiCon Providence 2015

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: NecronomiCon Providence 2015

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:In a non-committal, pie in sky sorta way, what would it take for the two of you to get it together for this year? I'm thinking about Airbnb, which has housing for 30 bucks a night if you don't mind being a little ways from convention hotel.

Hmmm.... Off the top of my head style calculations aren't my strong suit, but here goes...
It takes me a hundred bucks or so to drive to Wisconsin and back, so assuming that Scriven's car has good mileage, we'd need several hundred to drive to RI and back. 600? 700?
I'm not too worried about finding a place to sleep. I'm sure someone would have room for me to set up my cot. The cost there would be dependant on a share of the space.
Food would be a couple hundred at least to accommodate the trip both ways and the stay for the con. I don't know what the con itself costs for tickets, but that would be in there too.
So a wild guess... $1200 to $1500 for each of us. And the time off available from work, which is not guaranteed since I had to burn all that I had left over last year on 32 hour weeks.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Gladius wrote:I may be attending in association with a work-related project. I can't say more yet, but it could be cool. Either way we should organize a MUP meetup!
Most definitely! I will be there along with the whole Bunche of Arseholes crew. We'll have to get things ironed out when we get closer!

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Keeper Dan wrote:
Dr. Gerard wrote:In a non-committal, pie in sky sorta way, what would it take for the two of you to get it together for this year? I'm thinking about Airbnb, which has housing for 30 bucks a night if you don't mind being a little ways from convention hotel.

Hmmm.... Off the top of my head style calculations aren't my strong suit, but here goes...
It takes me a hundred bucks or so to drive to Wisconsin and back, so assuming that Scriven's car has good mileage, we'd need several hundred to drive to RI and back. 600? 700?
I'm not too worried about finding a place to sleep. I'm sure someone would have room for me to set up my cot. The cost there would be dependant on a share of the space.
Food would be a couple hundred at least to accommodate the trip both ways and the stay for the con. I don't know what the con itself costs for tickets, but that would be in there too.
So a wild guess... $1200 to $1500 for each of us. And the time off available from work, which is not guaranteed since I had to burn all that I had left over last year on 32 hour weeks.
Yeah, I'm totally interested in doing this, but I'm going to need to save up both funds and time off from work. With any luck, 2017 could be a go for NecronomiCon.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:20 am

I have my tickets and our room is booked. My wife decided to come with me - it's our 13th anniversary that weekend, and while she's not a maniac, er, fanatic like I am, she plays in my games and has tangential interest. At any rate I'm committed! Er, um, yeah!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:53 am

Gladius wrote:I have my tickets and our room is booked. My wife decided to come with me - it's our 13th anniversary that weekend, and while she's not a maniac, er, fanatic like I am, she plays in my games and has tangential interest. At any rate I'm committed! Er, um, yeah!
Congrats! I hope you guys have a great time. I'm sure your wife isn't actually learning how to dispose of a body. I mean, I'm 80% sure... well, maybe 75%. :roll:

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:52 pm

I'll see you there Gladius. We really have to work out a meet up soon with the number of Alumni that are attending.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Absolutely. We need pictures and audio of the MUP Meetup!
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Mon May 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Trying to book airfare now. Currently we have a hotel room from Thurs night through Sun night. Trying to decide if we should come out a day early to visit the town...
When are other folks getting there? I realize there will be gaming at the Con, but if we were to try to set up a one-shot scenario for, say, Weds or Thurs evening, would anyone be able to play?

Who all from the forum is going?

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Wed May 20, 2015 2:05 pm

I'll be rolling in Thursday evening and will be probably be toast from driving, but the prospect of a game would certainly revitalize me! Is there a central place that might be suitable for an MUP dinner?

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu May 21, 2015 1:17 am

The Arseholes will show up on Wednesday for the most part. I should be there Wednesday as well. We have rented a house on AirBnB from Wednesday till Monday.

Keeper Murph