NecronomiCon Providence 2015

Discussion about podcast episodes
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: NecronomiCon Providence 2015

Post by KeeperMurph » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:44 am

I couldn't agree more guys. I just walked in the door here in Texas not long ago, and I have to say I wish I was back there with all my friends. So many of you I wanted to spend more time with but just couldn't!

To everyone that was kind enough to allow me to act a fool for a few days, I hope I didn't put any of you off. And I hope we all stay in touch. The last six days have been some of the best of my entire life. I won't soon forget it.

I love all of you guys!

:cthulhudance:

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Finally got home after stupid airline issues. Had an *awesome* time in Providence - truly did.

Highlights in no particular order:
Played in Sandy's game - went indefinitely insane, then died. The milk of the mother! Drink the milk! Squawk!
Played in Oscar's game - went indefinitely insane.
Played in Mike Mason's game - went indefinitely insane, then died.
Met Chad and Murph in person (went indefinitely insane...).
Met the rest of the Skype of Cthulhu guys in person - Randall, Edwin, and Max, who I've only known through Skype until now.
Met Paul and Helen.
Made a bunch of great new friends and contacts (the above and some others as well) from the forums.
Rubbed elbows with the literati (slimeratti would be more appropos?) of the Mythos world.

I'm definitely coming back in 2017. I'll get a photo album up once I can get back to normal (e.g., have someone successfully use Psychoanalysis on me).

Edit: Now I realize I'm going to have to match real names to forum names...

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:42 pm

Wow. I am still trying to recover from all the madness. This was one of the best experiences in my life. It was so weird to meet in person with so many incredible people. I feel nostalgic already. So much love and madness reunited in one single place.

I am going to miss the conversations and the games. As Chad said, let's keep the love flowing. I really hope to see you again soon.

:| :o <-- Chad's faces before and after he realized that the smily-happy guy in front of him was me.

R.J. MacReady
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by R.J. MacReady » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:51 am

As expressed above, sadly NecronomiCon Providence 2015 has ended and we're back in NYC. That being said, I had an incredibly stellar time. I met fantastic new people (Max you are a nut and you're truly awesome) and saw old friends from 2013 (hi Murf.) I was also lucky to meet some titans of literature and gaming who were very kind and generous with their time. Oscar's GGP party was pretty epic - up until Biltmore security busted it up. Well, actually that helped its epicness, that and adding Scott Glancy to any party while Chad hand feeds brie goat cheese to Cody Goodfellow (1/1D3 SAN.)

So looking forward to 2017. Special thanks to Niels and Carmen for their tireless labor of love, in organizing and facilitating such a special event to so many people. They deserve kudos galore. Hope to see everyone there again, AND next time Dan and Jon - NO EXCUSES gents. Until when the stars are right again...
“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

― Werner Herzog

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:09 am

It took me a while to catch on. At first I had my "nice to meet you for the first time, random Cthulhu stranger" face. Then I put on my "holy shit it's Randall!" face.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Citysliker
Junior
Junior

Post by Citysliker » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:28 pm

I have to echo all that was said above. It was such an amazing experience. All the events I attended at the Con, the games I played, the art, the music and performances, all the vendors and the cool stuff on sale.

Getting to meet people I have listened to, read their work or chatted online made me so happy as they are all such nice people. Must be something about the Mythos that turns folk into really amazing people by default!

The live MUP recording was fantastic and only drove one person immediately to alcoholism.

Most importantly finally meeting my fellow Arseholes in person after gaming online for about 2 years and getting to spend time with them. They are my brothers.

All in definitely one of life's highlights and I count myself so lucky to be part of it.

Now just explaining to the wife why I HAD to buy all the books, games and sculptures.....

(PS - Anyone want to borrow Keeper Chad's driving license he seems happy to hand it out to anyone who asks.......)

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:47 pm

R.J. MacReady wrote: Hope to see everyone there again, AND next time Dan and Jon - NO EXCUSES gents. Until when the stars are right again...
Roger. Wilco.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Somehow I managed not to buy a single thing in the vendor room. I'm pretty sure it was because I was completely overwhelmed by the million things I *wanted* to buy. I will now spend the next two years regretting it.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:37 pm

FYI, Lovecraft E-zine has posted a whole bunch of video from NecronomiCon, so for those of you who went and missed panels (like myself) or those of you who want to check out what happened via armchair, you've got a little peek here!

http://lovecraftzine.com/2015/08/26/wat ... nels-2015/
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:10 am