MUP Live Play- The Iron Ghost, from KantCon 2012

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP Live Play- The Iron Ghost, from KantCon 2012

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:35 am

Join a group of strangers as they board their train. The ticket reads that the trip is from Arkham to Philadelphia. The tracks don't always lead where you expect them to...
Recorded at KantCon 2012.

The IRON GHOST, from Fearful Passages, published by Chaosium. Print Version, PDF Version

Due to the nature of convention recording, there may be times when background noise from other games happening in the same room may make this game hard to hear.
Some adult language is used in this episode. Listener discretion is advised.

Here is the post on the MUP home for download, and this is the discussion thread for this podcast posted on the Yog-Sothoth forums.

The editing of these episodes was a longer process than anticipated, so it was decided to perform a minimum of edits on the live-play shows.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: MUP Live Play- The Iron Ghost, from KantCon 2012

Post by Keeper Jon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 pm

I had a great time running this game. The players went off the rails, (pun intended), so this adventure unfolded far differently than I, (and the author, I suspect), imagined that it would. Enjoy!

JeffOkamoto
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JeffOkamoto » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:50 pm

This was a pretty fun listen, the background con noise wasn't that bad. It got a bit silly at the end (what time of day/night was this run, Jon?), but it was nice to see it all end in <REDACTED>.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 pm

JeffOkamoto wrote:This was a pretty fun listen, the background con noise wasn't that bad. It got a bit silly at the end (what time of day/night was this run, Jon?), but it was nice to see it all end in <REDACTED>.
This game was run during the final game slot for the day, so it was a 7pm to 11pm game slot. I think we ended a little over our allotted time.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:23 am

Keeper Jon wrote:
JeffOkamoto wrote:This was a pretty fun listen, the background con noise wasn't that bad. It got a bit silly at the end (what time of day/night was this run, Jon?), but it was nice to see it all end in <REDACTED>.
This game was run during the final game slot for the day, so it was a 7pm to 11pm game slot. I think we ended a little over our allotted time.
I just gave it a listen, too -- the main thing is that is sounds like everyone had a blast. Like I think you said before, "creepy" is not always possible to fully achieve as a mood during con games, but your players sounded totally immersed and enthusiastic until the end. I thought it was hilarious when the players wanted to try out their "dream" skill. I'm sure even though it got silly, players (and listeners) will be haunted by a few of the goochers you spun during the scenario. Love the train coupling made of nerves and veins. Well described!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:35 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:I just gave it a listen, too -- the main thing is that is sounds like everyone had a blast. Like I think you said before, "creepy" is not always possible to fully achieve as a mood during con games, but your players sounded totally immersed and enthusiastic until the end. I thought it was hilarious when the players wanted to try out their "dream" skill. I'm sure even though it got silly, players (and listeners) will be haunted by a few of the goochers you spun during the scenario. Love the train coupling made of nerves and veins. Well described!
Gracias. I had an absolute blast running that game, and several players at that table are friends of mine who have been in other games of mine. So it was great to hear that they had a good time too.