MU Podcast 047 - Starting 2014 the Hite way

Discussion about podcast episodes
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: MU Podcast 047 - Starting 2014 the Hite way

Post by KeeperMurph » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:16 pm

Scott Dorward wrote:Thank you for the correction, chaps! Much appreciated.
Sorry I fucked that up Scott. Have we made it up now?

Have YOU seen the yellow sign?

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:32 pm

KeeperMurph wrote:
Scott Dorward wrote:Thank you for the correction, chaps! Much appreciated.
Sorry I fucked that up Scott. Have we made it up now?
You have unfucked it magnificently!

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Recent found this & works great as a continuation on the Nazi Occult book when Ken has a rather fun interview with the folks at Blurry Photos (later on there's two more Lovecraft mythos episodes too but this might not realize this one hiding there too.

http://www.blurryphotos.org/episode-38- ... zi-occult/
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Great show! Dan and crew, I am truly surprised that you still manage to improve with every new episode, kudos for you, my friends. Well done. And Jon, come on, we miss you on the podcasts. :)
EddyPo wrote:By the way, I loved Ken Hite and Keeper Murf going toe-to-toe at the end.
Yes, and Mr. Hite was the winner, loved it. No hard feelings, Murf.
Dr. Gerard wrote:Yeah, I think all three of us hosts were ready to defend 7e rules because we have really enjoyed using them, but I want to respect the concerns of traditionalists who are reluctant to mess with a time-tested recipe.
Yes, I agree. Honestly, the 7ed wars pushed me away from YSDC and the forums in general regarding this edition, I think arguing is fine, but I was expecting a higher level of discussion than the one it spawned. Trevlix is correct in the sense that passion is what move us, so I understand some reactions, but I still think that the CoC player is more discriminating and therefore should be more respectful when discussing such topics.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 am

Yeah, I agree with that too. I think the disrespectful tone on either side of the debate is indeed a small minority. But it rally kicks the wind out of me when the discussion regresses. Hate is the power of the Old Ones, as I think you said.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:Yeah, I agree with that too. I think the disrespectful tone on either side of the debate is indeed a small minority. But it rally kicks the wind out of me when the discussion regresses. Hate is the power of the Old Ones, as I think you said.
Yes, indeed. :D

Eibon
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Eibon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:As far as Chaosium game canon, in 1987 the company released a Miskatonic U Graduate Kit, authored by Sandy Petersen and Lynn Willis, that includes a bumper sticker of the Fighting Cephalapod as the university mascot, and the phrase "Go 'Pods!" It was a monograph that amounted to a collection of props and fun little goo-gahs, and it was meant to be contemporary 1980s materials. It even got an Origins Award for design.
Just to make it clear, I knew there was a reason for my belief that the Cephalapods was a swimming team. This is from the Campus map included in the Miskatonic U Graduate Kit:
go-pods.jpg
go-pods.jpg (37.34KiB)Viewed 14303 times

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:10 am

Aha! Thanks, Eibon.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers