MU Podcast 032 - New Orleans Mythos!

Discussion about podcast episodes
fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MU Podcast 032 - New Orleans Mythos!

Post by fox01313 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:06 am

Some really great info on this & liked it a lot especially after a fairly recent trip a few years ago going to New Orleans. Just a tip for others looking to go to the plantations or New Orleans is to do what I did which is to go in October, you'll avoid most of the crazy stuff from the Mardi Gras, the weather should be rather pleasant (hopefully) & you'll see the other side of Louisiana during October with all the Halloween decorations up.

Very pretty area & highly recommended to visit there as it has a ton of history. Wax museum near the French Quarter is a bit cheezy but not too bad though kind of small.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

WinstonP
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by WinstonP » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:17 am

Reading this story reminded me of this episode of the podcast.

http://whofortedblog.com/2013/11/23/gho ... lantation/

"Seven 'ghost hunters' were arrested in Louisiana yesterday after accidentally setting fire to a turn-of-the-century plantation, burning it to the ground.

The suspects told police they were visiting the historic home to search for ghosts after hearing stories about the building’s alleged hauntings. Fox8 News reports that at some point during the evening the men abandoned their paranormal investigation to get f#%{ed up on some cheap beer and dank weed. That’s when things got a little out of control."

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 am

WinstonP wrote:Reading this story reminded me of this episode of the podcast.

http://whofortedblog.com/2013/11/23/gho ... lantation/

"Seven 'ghost hunters' were arrested in Louisiana yesterday after accidentally setting fire to a turn-of-the-century plantation, burning it to the ground.

The suspects told police they were visiting the historic home to search for ghosts after hearing stories about the building’s alleged hauntings. Fox8 News reports that at some point during the evening the men abandoned their paranormal investigation to get f#%{ed up on some cheap beer and dank weed. That’s when things got a little out of control."
While I did feel bad about hearing how hurricane Katrina wrecked some of the historic plantations some in the area, I could accept that & be amazed they lasted this long with the hurricane threat ongoing to that part of the country. This link from WinstonP just annoys the hell out of me on how unprofessional this went (or how someone believed they were part of some ghost hunting group), I hope they get life/fined to hell and more for this tremendous loss to history as well as all of them haunted by every ghost in Louisiana.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)