MUP Live Play- Last Things Last

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP Live Play- Last Things Last

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm

MU Podcast presents an Actual Play recording of the Delta Green mission: Last Thing's Last. Written by Brett Kramer

Old Delta Green agents do not fade away; they die just like everyone else. One such worthy was former Delta Green agent Clyde Baughman. Less than twenty-four hours ago the 74-year-old died. A-cell wants to be sure that he's left no evidence of the conspiracy behind.

The Players Featured are:
Nvision as Agent Randolph
Jovial1 as Agent Trever
Shannon Mac as Agent Steve
Keeper Murph as Agent Phillip
and
EddyPo - as the Keeper of Arcane Lore.

Live Play episodes are not edited for content. Adult discretion is advised.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: MUP Live Play- Last Things Last

Post by Nvision » Mon May 20, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm wondering if this phenomenon is local to my machine or not... I listened for about half an hour yesterday and went to pick it up again today. However, when I try to shuttle or fast forward the track moves to a random spot in the recording. A couple of such clicks just skips to the post-game chat, and pausing/unpausing is doing it as well. Is the file cursed or do I have a digital shoggoth gumming up the works?

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Mon May 20, 2013 3:35 pm

I thought that was just my computer acting odd.
I looked at the file in Audacity, and it looked normal. I have no idea what could cause that kind of anomaly. I'll have to look it up at home now that I know it wasn't just my PC.

WinstonP
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by WinstonP » Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 am

That was an entertaining series of failed rolls. :)

I do think their should be a steeper Sanity penalty for killing one of your own party and perhaps even some cost for potentially allowing someone to remain trapped below ground, even if you rightly suspected that the person was not entirely human...

Great to hear one of my scenario in action.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm

WinstonP wrote:That was an entertaining series of failed rolls. :)

I do think their should be a steeper Sanity penalty for killing one of your own party and perhaps even some cost for potentially allowing someone to remain trapped below ground, even if you rightly suspected that the person was not entirely human...

Great to hear one of my scenario in action.
I agree with you. If I were to run it again I would increase the san loss. Maybe even make agent Philip roll against his san and only let him proceed with his plan if he failed. I'd also have any agent trying to help agent Randolf take some fire damage from the attempt -- successful or not. I'd also try not to say so many 'ums' and 'ahs' during the game. I can barely stand to listen to myself. :roll:

That was a fun game and a fun group. Thanks everyone.
Not a hack!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat May 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Great game with a great mix of players. I loved Murf's line when he agreed with Shannon to leave someone to watch the rear, so then Murf then just walks away to leave Shannon holding the bag. Hilarious. :mrgreen:

JH33
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JH33 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:51 pm

I was just wondering if anyone ever get to the bottom of the mystery of the misbehaving audio file? I'm having the same problem with the timings getting mixed up when I try to pause and play again or jump forward.

Having just read a fiction version of the scenario in Shotguns vs Cthulhu which was awesome I'm really keen to hear how it went as played out scenario!

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:47 am

Yeah, gotta watch that Murph. Heh. :)
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Okay, I have a fixed version uploaded and it's now the version in the feed.
You can get a fresh copy here.

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 am

Good game fellas. Well kept Eddy Po. Delta Green is more towards my taste. From the start, the party is on the same page and after the same thing as compared to regular Cthulhu where you got strangers coming together for a mystery. The suspension of disbelief is gone. You don't have to role-play "what's happening to us"? You know the girl in the sewer is bad without having to go down there. Murph did the right thing except he should have persuaded the other agent not to go down there in the first place, going down there breaks DG protocol.