MUP Live Play- Last Things Last

Discussion about podcast episodes
shownotfound
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: MUP Live Play- Last Things Last

Post by shownotfound » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Greetings!

I also enjoyed listening to this scenario. However I was a bit confused in terms of the 'naming' surrounding such. I realize that DG operates in cells, but I guess I'm not familiar enough to understand if it was standard protocol to have several members from different cells activated for an investigation or containment? Once again, it could just be the content being too new for me to have grok'd that, but it seems like it'd be more a bureaucratic nightmare to have to deal cross-team rather than say...activating Cell T to look at such.

Loved the scenario and reactions. The botched checks made it seem that much more 'how it was supposed to go'. ;)

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:43 pm

shownotfound wrote:Greetings!

I also enjoyed listening to this scenario. However I was a bit confused in terms of the 'naming' surrounding such. I realize that DG operates in cells, but I guess I'm not familiar enough to understand if it was standard protocol to have several members from different cells activated for an investigation or containment? Once again, it could just be the content being too new for me to have grok'd that, but it seems like it'd be more a bureaucratic nightmare to have to deal cross-team rather than say...activating Cell T to look at such.

Loved the scenario and reactions. The botched checks made it seem that much more 'how it was supposed to go'. ;)
Hey Shownotfound, good point. It would have made more sense if everyone was in the same cell, but we had more players than a 3-person cell anyway. So I made the decision that the mission was time sensitive and A-Cell wanted the closest available DG agents to move in regardless of what cell they were in. Any evidence of the conspiracy would be devastating so mixing cells was a necessary evil--but not without precedent.
Howard wrote:Good game fellas. Well kept Eddy Po. Delta Green is more towards my taste. From the start, the party is on the same page and after the same thing as compared to regular Cthulhu where you got strangers coming together for a mystery. The suspension of disbelief is gone. You don't have to role-play "what's happening to us"? You know the girl in the sewer is bad without having to go down there. Murph did the right thing except he should have persuaded the other agent not to go down there in the first place, going down there breaks DG protocol.

Thanks Howard! I'll run another DG scenario soon, after I recover from a playtest I've been working on. You are welcome to play. You too Shownotfound. I think you'd really enjoy playing a DG agent!
Not a hack!

JH33
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JH33 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks very much for re posting the audio Dan - it now works fine. And thanks to those involved - seriously made me chuckle. Particularly as having read the fiction version I was completely un-prepared for how you folks handled any doubt over what was in the tank... nice!

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:21 am

JH33 wrote:Thanks very much for re posting the audio Dan - it now works fine. And thanks to those involved - seriously made me chuckle. Particularly as having read the fiction version I was completely un-prepared for how you folks handled any doubt over what was in the tank... nice!
I wasn't aware that piece of fiction had been published. Where would one find this?

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 am

PirateLawyer wrote:I wasn't aware that piece of fiction had been published. Where would one find this?
I'd say Delta Green site is good bet: http://www.delta-green.com/?page_id=32

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:04 pm

PirateLawyer wrote:
JH33 wrote:Thanks very much for re posting the audio Dan - it now works fine. And thanks to those involved - seriously made me chuckle. Particularly as having read the fiction version I was completely un-prepared for how you folks handled any doubt over what was in the tank... nice!
I wasn't aware that piece of fiction had been published. Where would one find this?
I think this is what is being referenced: http://www.stoneskinpress.com/?p=68

I don't own it but it looks good.
Not a hack!

JH33
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JH33 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Yep that's the one and comes with a full recommendation from me (and I've still got two tales left). It's a really diverse mix of writing styles and takes on the Mythos. Last Things Last was a paticualrly good one and made me really want to run the scenario - so I was really excited to listen to how it played out when it the live play came up. And I loved the fact that even though I knew the plot I didn't see what happened coming... Not sure I am going to be able to drop a Delta Green scenario into my infrequent sessions but I'm keen to see if I could use the whole innocent voice/hideous monster moral dilema somewhere in our current campaign.