Human Millipede, by Jon "Sick Bastard" Hook
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: MU Podcast 030 – Mr. Prolific

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri May 03, 2013 3:14 am

Keeper Dan wrote:Human Millipede, by Jon "Sick Bastard" Hook
Attitude like that won't earn our the front position in the millipede line. :cthulhu1:

CthulhuDude
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by CthulhuDude » Fri May 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi everyone, Brian Sammons here. I'm glad if you enjoyed my bit of random, incoherent, blather on this otherwise excellent podcast. I've been listening to the MUP since the very first one and I am a huge fan. By far and away this is now *THE* Call of Cthulhu related podcast. In a very short time this quartet of cool cultists have taken over like a shoggoth with a machine gun. But hell, you all know that already, so I'll move on.

I'm happy to see that the old Blood Brother books still have some love out there. I hope to live up to their legacy of lunacy and fun with BB3. Now while nothing is solid yet this early in the game, and sometimes real life rears its ugly head and gets in the way of an author finishing up their work, some of the tentative drive-in flicks we've go lined up for you include big bad bug movies from the 1950s, body horror that would make David Cronenberg queasy, one of my favorite genre imports form Italy, giallo films, written by an authentic Italian person (oooohhhhh, aaaaahhhhhh), from the other side of the world we'll be looking at Asian horror, there will be an examination of what happens when good cars go bad, and there's much, much more. How much more? Try thirteen late night treats you know your parents don't want you watching. Heck, I think I even saw a bigfoot stomping around here someplace. So it's looking to be one hell of a book and I hope a worthy addition to the Blood Brothers series and to your CoC libraries.
“Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.” ― Robert Bloch

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri May 03, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm coo-coo for Blood Brothers. Just ran Nightmare in Silence, and had a blast. I love how these scenarios give an entry point for players who aren't familiar with Lovecraft's stories. I'm as much of a horror film buff as I am a horror literature nerd, so these scenarios hit sweet spots all around. Some of these subgenres are really sophisticated and allow groups to explore themes outside the bleak cosmic horror milieu.

And turning some of the b-grade stuff into role play is just awesome fun. It's like Mystery Science Theater 3000, the RPG.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Fri May 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote: And turning some of the b-grade stuff into role play is just awesome fun. It's like Mystery Science Theater 3000, the RPG.
Oh, man, that just made me nearly black out with joy. MST3K, the RPG! Aside from all the big bug possibilities (Beginning of the End, anyone?) somebody has SO got to write up a CoC scenario around Manos: The Hands of Fate! Unless it's already been done . . .
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Thomas R. Knutsson
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Thomas R. Knutsson » Fri May 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Scriven wrote:
Dr. Gerard wrote: And turning some of the b-grade stuff into role play is just awesome fun. It's like Mystery Science Theater 3000, the RPG.
Oh, man, that just made me nearly black out with joy. MST3K, the RPG! Aside from all the big bug possibilities (Beginning of the End, anyone?) somebody has SO got to write up a CoC scenario around Manos: The Hands of Fate! Unless it's already been done . . .
It could only be an improvement. Maybe Torgo is Wilbur Whateley? ;)
In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan.
-"The Strange High House in the Mist" by HPL

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 am

Thank you so much for the kind words Brian. That means a lot to all of us, believe me.
I listen to a lot of podcasts about podcasting. Every once in a while, the topic of what a "successful" podcast is. These are guys that can make a living off of their shows, and make literally thousands of dollars a month income with tens of thousands of listeners. We have about three to five hundred, and I consider this show to be every bit as successful as those others. Every new player to the game is the goal of this podcast/blog/forum.
Say it loud, say it proud. We play Call of Cthulhu. We're not in it for power fantasy. We play to feel like we were able to stave off the darkness just one more day, no matter the cost. That, my friends, is a game of Big Damn Heroes. :tommy:

I've been toying with a Manos scenario conversion for a while now. Someday I'll get around to getting it put together into a playable form. :torgo:
MST3K is one my my true TV loves, and by extension Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic. I've even been fortunate enough to meet Joel a couple of times and got his autograph on my Manos: Special Edition DVD. :cthulhudance:
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat May 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Keeper Dan wrote:Thank you so much for the kind words Brian. That means a lot to all of us, believe me.
I listen to a lot of podcasts about podcasting. Every once in a while, the topic of what a "successful" podcast is. These are guys that can make a living off of their shows, and make literally thousands of dollars a month income with tens of thousands of listeners. We have about three to five hundred, and I consider this show to be every bit as successful as those others. Every new player to the game is the goal of this podcast/blog/forum.
Say it loud, say it proud. We play Call of Cthulhu. We're not in it for power fantasy. We play to feel like we were able to stave off the darkness just one more day, no matter the cost. That, my friends, is a game of Big Damn Heroes. :tommy:

I've been toying with a Manos scenario conversion for a while now. Someday I'll get around to getting it put together into a playable form. :torgo:
MST3K is one my my true TV loves, and by extension Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic. I've even been fortunate enough to meet Joel a couple of times and got his autograph on my Manos: Special Edition DVD. :cthulhudance:
Dude...make the Manos scenario, please please please. For the people.

When I curse in mixed company, I often invoke the full name: Manos! Hands of Fate!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Keeper Dan wrote:I think it sounds very Shadowrun to hire a Fixer.
Cyberpunk 2020 actually. I've played a fixer many times.

On another note: I've been to Michigan, so...

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Sun May 05, 2013 12:46 am

Great show! I am glad to hear Cthulhudude plans for the future.

Something I have forgotten is that I vote for the LP to have its own podcast, mainly because I ussually go on the road listening to the shows and I found me skipping the LP since I like to listen to them until all the sessions are out, so great idea there, Dan.

Chad, yate-veo translates as I see you now. "Ya" now, "Te veo" I see you, which makes it even creeppier. I haven't heard of these plants as mentioned on the web, I should ask some people that know better than me, I was born and raised on the city so I have no idea of the dangers of the country side.