MU Podcast 027 – 6-Word Brainstorming

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: MU Podcast 027 – 6-Word Brainstorming

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm

KeeperMurph wrote:
Keeper Jon wrote:We could also move it forward to the 1920s, instead of Gaslight. That might open up some of our underground options.
Yeah other than it being neat, there is no good reason to be in Gaslight.
Yeah, I love the Gaslight idea, but I think the underground element is too important to give up. That's why I think shifting the time a bit would help. And, in the 1920s, there might be some off-shore drilling in the North Sea. Maybe.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 pm

I agree. We need a great underground area. London in general has lots to play with. I have the DVDs for a series called Cities of the Underworld that explores this kind of thing all over the world. I'll look at the London episodes.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Keeper Eden
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Keeper Eden » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:02 pm

I love this adventure idea! I'd back a Kickstarter to get art, etc. for it if you guys decide to do a formal write up. I've been listening to your Podcast since the beginning and never bothered to register for the forums until now to let you know how awesome this idea is. Keep it going.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Thank you Eden. We love knowing that folks are enjoying the show and looking forward to our bizarre ideas. We're going to have a little time in each episode where we massage the adventure more and get things down in written format.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks eden! If things work out like they should, then there should eventually be a pdf of the scenario in our store online.

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

KeeperMurph wrote:Thanks eden! If things work out like they should, then there should eventually be a pdf of the scenario in our store online.
Let me know if help is needed with layout on this.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:48 pm

And let me know if you need any proofreaders. I've done a fair amount for RPGs lately.
Not a hack!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 pm

mjmedwick wrote:
KeeperMurph wrote:Thanks eden! If things work out like they should, then there should eventually be a pdf of the scenario in our store online.
Let me know if help is needed with layout on this.
Uuuuum....yes.
Last edited by Dr. Gerard on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 pm

EddyPo wrote:And let me know if you need any proofreaders. I've done a fair amount for RPGs lately.

Uuuuum...yes.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Eibon
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Eibon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm writing this having not yet listened to part 28.

I liked the story brainstorming. It's exactly the kind of thing I do if I'm pushed for an adventure.

A various times the plot reminded me of the Doctor Who story The Seeds of Doom. In this an alien seedpod is found at the Antarctic. When it defrosts it infects a man and turns him into a monster. The monster is killed. A second seedpod is taken to England by a fanatical plant collector, where a second man is infected and allowed to grow into an enormous killer plant that threatens the world if it should expel its seeds. The plot obviously owes something to the "killer carrot" of The Thing From Another World movie, which in turn leads back to HPL.

You've noticed that London does not have vast underground tunnels. The city is sitting on heavy clay and so tunnelling is not easy. The Underground and sewer systems are among the larger efforts. There are also river channels which have been completely covered over (the River Fleet being the famous example). However, there is no reason why there could not be "holes secretly digged where earth's pores ought to suffice"? Maybe a forgotten Roman grotto? How about using some form of water-works? This would put you by the River Thames, so the "flood" could be arranged?
Last edited by Eibon on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.