MUP 23 - Do You Like Movies About Gladiators?

Discussion about podcast episodes
PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior
Re: MUP 23 - Do You Like Movies About Gladiators?

Post by PirateLawyer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Way back in the day GURPS had a surprisingly good sourcebook titled Imperial Rome, as I recall. Would still be worth picking up if only as a supplement and for its good, if slightly dated, bibliography.

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MUP 23 - Do You Like Movies About Gladiators?

Post by fox01313 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:38 pm

One thing I noticed while listening to this, which may have come out after the podcast but figured people might like it as got it recently myself is the book Strange Aeons II. Where among the wide gulfs of time where the adventures occur going from Woodstock 1960s all the way back to a fun looking adventure of Cthulhu (mythos) vs Cavemen, there's a pair of adventures in classic Rome & Greece. If I had more skill at writing adventures I'd like to find some world touring scenario going to those areas then halfway in that setting of the scenario I'd break the game & next time hand the players a random choice of pre-generated characters for those ancient Rome/Greece for that more creative way of doing an information dump on the players instead of just handing them a few handouts on the historical ties to what they are doing now (or just something fun for them to find).

http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_inf ... ts_id=5084
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)