MUP Live Play- The Ilsley Variant

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: MUP Live Play- The Ilsley Variant

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:
Keeper Dan wrote:I don't do well playing by myself. I'm more of a supporting type of player, so when I'm solo, I get really unsure what to do.
I felt like a total boob. :?
Hah, it didn't come across that way, from my point of view.

Session spoilers below:
Disposing of the body in the fire wasn't a bad idea, it just seemed like a very dark reflex. If I'm not mistaken, Jon called for you to make a SAN roll there because it was a psychological stretch, not because it somehow violated the game world. I also thought your idea to leapfrog with the two cars to get the rental back was kind of bizarre, but not in any way bad playing. It reminded me of real-life stories of things people do when they're in shock. They kill their husband, and then they bake a cake before calling police. Behavior under stress is just wild.
Dr. Gerard is exactly right, Dan. I loved your game play in the end. And I like how it all was resolved in the end. Well done.

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:Oh, another thing about a Toyul:

"According to Javanese myth, tuyul can be kept for financial gain, but in exchange a female member of the family must allow it to breastfeed from her, sucking blood instead of milk."
Um...I just had a SAN loss.

Jon - Question on the SAN roll discussed, if he had failed the SAN roll and been allowed to put the body in the fire, would you have made him lose SAN as well?
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:29 pm

trevlix wrote:
Dr. Gerard wrote:Oh, another thing about a Toyul:

"According to Javanese myth, tuyul can be kept for financial gain, but in exchange a female member of the family must allow it to breastfeed from her, sucking blood instead of milk."
Um...I just had a SAN loss.

Jon - Question on the SAN roll discussed, if he had failed the SAN roll and been allowed to put the body in the fire, would you have made him lose SAN as well?
Yes. The first SAN roll was to actually gear-up the guts to do the horrible deed, but that failed roll would not include a SAN point loss. But once he actually did the deed, then that deed would be a new SAN roll that would have a SAN point loss, probably a 1/1D3 loss.

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:42 pm

I really enjoyed this story on the way it was played. It was a lot of fun to listen to. I am going to steal that negative sanity role as well, known moving forward as the Adam Crazy Act rule. LOL

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:07 pm

WiseWolf wrote:I really enjoyed this story on the way it was played. It was a lot of fun to listen to. I am going to steal that negative sanity role as well, known moving forward as the Adam Crazy Act rule. LOL
LOL! I like the new name for the rule!

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:22 am

Had to seek this one out as well. Great job all around fellas. The first installment of character creation was flawless. You guys really did a great job putting together your characters. That is huge for actual play shows. These episodes usually stink, but this one really hooked me. As the story(good story BtW)progressed, you guys had great chemistry and were very entertaining. Throwing the stuff off the train was genius. I wasn't a huge fan of the constant affect the players had throughout the game which caused them sleepless nights and headaches, this is a common CoC angle which gets old listening to. Keepers seem to like it. Anyway, by the end, I was really pulling for the duo to survive(in hopes of further tales)but I think John fell for the classic( "this is CoC, the players are supposed to die")mistake and delivered the lucky shot from the second story 100 yards away with a pistol from a wounded man in a burning house to kill your character. Great shot. Two thumbs up all the same.

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 am

Howard wrote:Had to seek this one out as well. Great job all around fellas. The first installment of character creation was flawless. You guys really did a great job putting together your characters. That is huge for actual play shows. These episodes usually stink, but this one really hooked me. As the story(good story BtW)progressed, you guys had great chemistry and were very entertaining. Throwing the stuff off the train was genius. I wasn't a huge fan of the constant affect the players had throughout the game which caused them sleepless nights and headaches, this is a common CoC angle which gets old listening to. Keepers seem to like it. Anyway, by the end, I was really pulling for the duo to survive(in hopes of further tales)but I think John fell for the classic( "this is CoC, the players are supposed to die")mistake and delivered the lucky shot from the second story 100 yards away with a pistol from a wounded man in a burning house to kill your character. Great shot. Two thumbs up all the same.
Thanks man, that was loads of fun doing.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk HD