MUP 20 - Bumps in the Night With A.S.G.

Discussion about podcast episodes
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: MUP 20 - Bumps in the Night With A.S.G.

Post by KeeperMurph » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm

I am actually slowly coming around to Dan's way of thinking, mainly because of that 14 year old example he had. I was that kid, and I doubt that language would have made a difference to me it certainly influenced a number of my peers. So from this point on I will attempt to self-moderate myself.

Eibon
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Eibon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:
Eibon wrote:As an aside, people looking for a good Robert E. Howard biography should definitely try Blood and Thunder by Mark Finn.
Well, it looks like this is a rare out-of-print book, but a used paperback edition isn't too horrible. I'll be ordering this someday soon.
Sorry, it went out of print around the time of my post. Lulu now has a print-on-demand paperback version of this book, which might be the easiest way to get it
http://www.lulu.com/shop/mark-finn/bloo ... 20799.html

Eibon
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Eibon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:12 pm

As a further heads-up, I've spotted a Robert E. Howard centred podcast (although it seems to have just widened its remit) call the Cromcast (http://thecromcast.blogspot.co.uk/). Three newbies to Howard review his fiction in much the same style as The Double Shadow and H.P.Lovecraft Literary Podcast did/do. Well worth checking out. An old hand like me hasn't learned much that's new, but its nice to see them acknowledge Howard as a more sophisticated writer than they were expecting.

Also as an aside, has anyone else noticed that Penguin Modern Classics are going to release a S. T. Joshi edited Clark Ashton Smith collection next year? Hopefully that will help his status.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:00 pm

I just subscribed to Cromcast, and will begin listening this week. Thanks for the heads-up.

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Just got Bumps in the Night as a random find at the local game/comic shop so will have to go back to this one & put some thoughts about the book in the reviews section as it's well worth it from what I've skimming through it.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)