MUP 107 - The Recap that Came From GenCon

Discussion about podcast episodes
fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MUP 107 - The Recap that Came From GenCon

Post by fox01313 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:11 am

Half Price Books is great & they are trying to do more online. So look at them online to see what you can find. I know the last few times I went to HPB here in the north Texas area & on the trip to Kansas City area, I found two of the Lovecraft Annuals & a Providence Lovecraft book which made the trip worthwhile. Dump a bunch of book recommendations onto a notepad app or Goodreads to find some odd finds that you weren't expecting.

Also for the Derelict, I'd love to hear a MUP AP for it. It's also for the jazz age plus the modern age. I think after reading it that the jazz age setting works better.

And from looking at the mods on Fallout 4, some have other radio dramas as mods to put into Fallout 4 if people are playing that & listening to old time radio or MUP.

Just wow on the Cody Goodfellow quote from his story, that alone is an instant sell & brilliant. And sad about the monographs, hopefully they will do a secondary line or a bigger collection to keep the monographs somewhat alive if it meets the quality they are wanting (or someone like Golden Goblin or others will start up a monograph for new writers).

And that's great to hear about new CoC keepers from this episode. Looking forward to running CoC myself, ran a few other systems in the past but looking for Call of Cthulhu/Trail of Cthulhu groups through a variety of scenarios. Had plenty of schedule mishaps in the past to getting groups going for more than a few sessions. I think that CoC has been doing great with this edition & a great spot for new GMs to get into CoC & giving people something different than the fantasy genre for RPGs.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Graham
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Graham » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:51 am

Regarding the tip about second hand book shops, I'd like to add charity shops to that listing. Recently I scored an almost complete set of National Geographics on disc (The set is missing the 1940s volume), and from time to time you will find old history books in them as well as things you can use for props (Provided they have not gone 'boutique'.)
"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad, you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

sirlarkins
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sirlarkins » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:55 am

Excellent ep as always, guys!

When Dan was talking about carrying something lighter to get signed, I immediately thought, "He should've taken the Keeper's Screen with him." And then lo and behold, that's his idea as well too.

Well, I'm here to tell you that it's a GREAT idea, because that's precisely what I did for Gen Con:

Yup, that's signatures from Paul Fricker, Mike Mason, and Sandy Petersen. And just in time for the kick-off of my Horror on the Orient Express campaign! Muhahahaha! :cthulhudance: