MUP 104 - Hero of Golden Goblin

Discussion about podcast episodes
R.J. MacReady
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: MUP 104 - Hero of Golden Goblin

Post by R.J. MacReady » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:54 am

I have sometimes found that while something may be quite "Lovecraftian," it may not necessarily be the best fit for quality of play and/or narrative in a Call of Cthulhu RPG scenario. That being said I see nothing wrong with your investigator replacement idea fallingtower, nor Oscar's method, but to each his own - as long as the people at the table are on board and having fun.
“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

― Werner Herzog

Canageek
Senior
Senior

Post by Canageek » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:
GreatmanKing wrote:It's nice to see that minorities are being represented in Mythos fiction. It definitely has the potential to expand the sandbox that we all love to play in. The one topic I would love to tackle in at some point is those with disabilities. Even if it isn't done in the realm of the traditional setting (1920's America) I would love to see how a disable person or person would take on the insanity of the Mythos...
Completely agree. And it bears looking at the way the horror genre handles disability. From body horror to characters with intellectual disabilities, fear of disability as "other" is rampant in horror - sometimes to great effect, and sometimes retreading outmoded stereotypes.

By the way, I'm fairly sure that Heroes of Red Hook includes an autistic protagonist. But I sense you are talking about physical disability, and you're right about the need for more exploration there.
I'm looking forward to this. I have Aspergers and it would be cool to see a well-done take on them as a hero, particularly if the writers is autistic themselves. I think this is a good way to get people into The Mythos. My Girlfreind has been really uninterested in it, but really enjoyed Ruthanna Emrys's Litany of Earth
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.

technuthulhu
Freshman
Freshman

Post by technuthulhu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:46 pm

Hey all, I've been a bit behind on my listening (and posting, <insert excuse about running a 2 year D&D campaign>), but while toiling away on the tractor today I managed to get a few episodes in. I was wondering if there was any more news about Children of Fear? I didn't see a Kickstarter for it and haven't seen a word about it.

Thanks!
--ron.