MUP 100 - The Paragon of Pulp Percentiles!

Discussion about podcast episodes
fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MUP 100 - The Paragon of Pulp Percentiles!

Post by fox01313 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:36 am

Cheers to getting to #100 & looking forward to hearing many many more.

As for show ideas, here are a few that came to mind:

*The scenario building idea was a good one in the past, so are there any locations that the hosts can think of that are untouched for games so what themes or games would go for these untouched locations?

*Any modern mythical or folklore (real or fiction) going into the Call of Cthulhu games as a side mission not using the Cthulhu mythos?

*With all the horrors of war, what kinds of mythos threats would have been more active with events like the US Civil War, 1812 & Revolutionary War?

*With Pulp Cthulhu getting close to out in print, what pulp movies/stories would be for fun CoC games?

*Would a more focused professions group be good for Call of Cthulhu so you'd get a tighter knit of how everyone knows each other but many similar skills (i.e. team of all mafia, academics, soldiers, etc.) or keep the group more diverse?

*Aside from Miskatonic U students, any ideas about using CoC for younger player characters?

*Sadly not a lot for Atomic Age Cthulhu. Any thoughts to add to that setting book & timeline?

*Classic monster movies that were inspired by the Mythos (like the first rendition of the Thing)? Which movies would have been better with some Mythos stuff instead of some half-built monster like a gorilla wearing a space helmet?

*Other good spots in history for Shadows over Innsmouth of the buildup of the town or the raid?

*Hastur, Hastur, Hastur.

*Good horror/sci-fi stories/books to use as foundation for cosmic horror & CoC games?

*Ideal size for CoC games in matter of player count. Any good or bad advice with smaller or larger groups than the ideal size?
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks for all the show ideas! Putting them on our list now!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Grotonomus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Grotonomus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:54 pm

Around 55:50 Keeper Jon speaks about a French Version of CoC 7E I believe. He references some kind of 1930's style wooden shipping crate that was part of some promotion. I have scoured the Interwebs looking for this mythical box and have yet to see any images of it.

If anyone is able, I would very much appreciate any images or web pages that show or reference this Crate. My intention is to either recreate it or make my own version of it. I have a rather large wood shop and like to do fun projects like this.

Any help would be appreciated.
"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." -Jack Burton