MUP 12- Grab your torch and pitchfork!

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP 12- Grab your torch and pitchfork!

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Episode 12 starts off as usual with feedback. Then we have another installment of the Lecture Series, Keeper Jon tells us about his upcoming book from Goodman Games, and then we dive into the murky and heated topic of the proposed 7th edition rules for Call of Cthulhu.

We feature an e-mail that had a couple of alternate methods of determining critical/impale rolls.
"...if the die result multiplied by 5 is equal to or smaller than your skill level, you scored a critical.
Another way to do it, that I came up with, would be to simply roll your d100 and a d5. In case of a success, it's a critical if the d5's result is a 1. Voila, no more need of tables or calculations. "

Chessex selection of non-standard dice: d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, d24, d30, d34

We got a voice mail commenting on Trail of Cthulhu, specifically the Dying of St. Margaret's adventure. We couldn't make out the name in the voice mail, so if it was you, let us know. (Pookie's review)

We have another installment of the Miskatonic University History Department's Lecture Series, brought to you by MU professor Dr. Charles Gerard. This lecture covers the topic of The Demons of 1866.
There is a page set up with details of the Lecture Series, in the History Department section under Gaming.

Keeper Jon then discusses his newly announced book, Age of Cthulhu 7: The Timeless Sands of India, published by Goodman Games.

And the show ends off with a discussion of the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition rules written by Paul Fricker & Mike Mason. They hosted a seminar panel at Continuum 2012. Even among our hosts, there is a lot of disagreement in the proposed changes.

To listen to the seminar, visit this thread at Yog-Sothoth.com.

This is the discussion thread for this podcast posted on the Yog-Sothoth forums.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: MUP 12- Grab your torch and pitchfork!

Post by trevlix » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 am

Great episode! Loved the talk about the proposed 7th ed changes. It was great to hear both sides of the arguments, and you guys changed my mind on a few of the things. Just two things I thought of though:

1. IIRC, the changes discussed at the con the developers spoke at said nothing is set in stone, so the changes talked about may not even happen. I don't think you guys mentioned that. If you did, sorry I missed it.

2. What are the stats for Summon Ralph from Jersey??? I picture a portal opening up and a guy sitting in a dirty easy chair in a wife beater and boxers dropping out. SAN checks all around!
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/