MUP 084 - Tinker, Tailor, Cthulhu, Spy

Discussion about podcast episodes
monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: MUP 084 - Tinker, Tailor, Cthulhu, Spy

Post by monkey prime » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:Wow, I'd be very curious to hear how you'd handle it, given your direct experience. I visited Northern Ireland in the fall of 1991 and again in 1993, not long before the ceasefire when the conflict was still quite hot. I would be reluctant as an American on the outside of that conflict to run or play a game that used it as a backdrop, and yet I am also drawn to uncomfortable themes. I think that's one I wouldn't want to record as an AP or participate in a convention setting with strangers, but maybe with a trusted group and not recorded.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the folks at Cubicle 7 will handle it in the core 70s book. If you do run something, please post here or otherwise let us know what happened!
Will do!

The truth is that its riff with opportunity for exploring. The troubles made paramilitaries very powerful in local housing estates and abusing that power to hide something mythos-esque isn't hard to imagine. Also the border with Ireland was dangerous for security forces and some very untamed areas exist around there. They have also opened the old Crumlin Road prison for tours (which has held two of our First Ministers and I think two of our deputy first ministers) which my wife and I did. It housed Loyalist and Republican prisoners as well as ODC (Ordinary Decent Criminals). A couple of ideas struck especially with a history of collusion between the security forces and paramilitaries, a prison break could work really well.

Any questions anyone has please feel free to PM if you want to prep something in the Troubles.

Grotonomus
Freshman
Freshman
Re: MUP 084 - Tinker, Tailor, Cthulhu, Spy

Post by Grotonomus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:37 pm

PirateLawyer wrote:
Grotonomus wrote:I'm already prepping my first set of scenarios. Players think they are tracking down a group of American Agents working for the Soviets. Nope sorry, it's a Delta Green Cell and you've just stepped into a mess.
That's a great, great idea for a scenario. Count me interested if you consider running this online - I'd love to play it.

That's a reasonable request, but I have given away the main twist of the story to you. :D
"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." -Jack Burton