Eldritch Horror - Has anyone given it a whirl?

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.
flashbackjuice
Sophmore
Sophmore
Eldritch Horror - Has anyone given it a whirl?

Post by flashbackjuice » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 am

So I love Arkham Horror, and I have been tempted to get this new-fangled Eldritch Horror for quite some time. The problem is, since it's a little pricey is it worth getting if you already own AH? I have heard that some tweaks to the game have made certain phases quicker and easier to do, like the Upkeep phase and such, and the devoured characters remaining in the game is an interesting mechanic. Am I better off sticking with AH and it's expansions (I have Innsmouth and Kingsport), or is this worth a buy?

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Eldritch Horror - Has anyone given it a whirl?

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 pm

I have yet to play, but I do hear that it is worth the purchase from a friend who has both. But his opinion could be colored, since he is damn-near a Cthulhu cultist. :cthulhudance:

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:59 am

I have all the fantasy flight arkham horror line.....eldritch horror is great I would recommend it highly. It tweeks mechanics and makes a more complete narrative with assigned mysteries to each big baddie. ..and there are new epic monsters too.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Erich B.
Denton, TX

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:53 am

Glad to see Eldritch holds up well, glanced at it at the game store & looked decent enough but with the higher prices of all Fantasy Flight stuff and no kitchen table yet (just moved to new flat) so RPG stuff takes priority at game stores of things to get but will definitely get Eldritch at some point. Thanks for the feedback on it.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

SamS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by SamS » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am

You Tube does have playthroughs of the game. I haven't bought the game yet but watching the games being played helped me decide on getting Mansions of Madness and Elder Sign and I don't regret either purchase.
Sam Stamps
Keeper of my own little reality.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Tue May 06, 2014 12:28 am

I still want to play this one as I've played AH and MoM several times.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/