Astounding Adventures

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.
Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Astounding Adventures

Post by Howard » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 am

Added this Chaosium/BRP gem to my pulp collection. They can do a better review over at the RPGgeek site than I can. The details I'd like to point out are the "Red Lining" rule which basically encourages the adventure to reach strange locations without having to roleplay the travel part. The "Red Line" travels across a map illustrating the route of the party's plane or boat. I think this was the norm for our pulp scenarios before, it's just a nice "Indiana Jones Homage" label to put on it. The other rule I like is the Mook "Defense Roll". Add the Mook's DEX + his Hit Points + any armor = his DR. During combat, if a Mook is hit by any kind of attack, the GM rolls the Mook's Defense. If successful, the Mook keeps on fighting. If the roll missed, that Mook is considered dead or incapacitated. This allows the GM to throw hordes of thugs at the heroes without having to track HPs for each and every one.

SamS
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Astounding Adventures

Post by SamS » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:07 pm

I was wondering does this book have any pre-made scenarios in it?
Sam Stamps
Keeper of my own little reality.