Call Of Cthulhu D20 Review

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.
ThePhantomGhoul
Associate Professor
Call Of Cthulhu D20 Review

Post by ThePhantomGhoul » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:03 pm

This was my first ever RPG video review. I made it back when I was calling my channel "Channel FUBAR".

Needless to say, the quality of my videos have not improved whatsoever.

http://www.cthutube.com/
Home of all things strange, odd, and Lovecraftian.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Call Of Cthulhu D20 Review

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:35 am

Great video, Kyle. You are right, there were no stand-alone Cthulhu D20 supplements, BUT... several of the core sourcebooks have chapters on how to do D20 conversions within that book.

For example, the Arkham sourcebook, the Dunwich sourcebook, the Kingsport sourcebook, and the Miskatonic University sourcebooks all have D20 conversion information specific for the info in that book. Also, each book has an adventure or two, so with the use of the conversion info you have several D20 adventures at hand.

ThePhantomGhoul
Associate Professor

Post by ThePhantomGhoul » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:Great video, Kyle. You are right, there were no stand-alone Cthulhu D20 supplements, BUT... several of the core sourcebooks have chapters on how to do D20 conversions within that book.

For example, the Arkham sourcebook, the Dunwich sourcebook, the Kingsport sourcebook, and the Miskatonic University sourcebooks all have D20 conversion information specific for the info in that book. Also, each book has an adventure or two, so with the use of the conversion info you have several D20 adventures at hand.
Yeah, I did not find out about those until after I made this video. But even with those it felt like it was abandoned before it got a chance.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:49 pm

ThePhantomGhoul wrote:This was my first ever RPG video review. I made it back when I was calling my channel "Channel FUBAR".
Cool video. It'll be interesting to get your take on CoC's 7th Ed. when it comes out since you seem to be happy that most editions to this point have not been revamps. Fasten your seatbelt, Holmes.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

ThePhantomGhoul
Associate Professor

Post by ThePhantomGhoul » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:
ThePhantomGhoul wrote:This was my first ever RPG video review. I made it back when I was calling my channel "Channel FUBAR".
Cool video. It'll be interesting to get your take on CoC's 7th Ed. when it comes out since you seem to be happy that most editions to this point have not been revamps. Fasten your seatbelt, Holmes.
I have faith in those involved. I doubt the "re-vamp" will be as bad as the "World Of Darkness" and D&D 4th edition re-vamps.