Episode 74 - INLAND EMPIRE

Discussion forum for the Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast
Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior
Episode 74 - INLAND EMPIRE

Post by Scott Dorward » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:57 pm

The Good Friends of Jackson Elias are back, and we're heading INLAND. We may be some time. Of course, time may not actually be linear, so it could be hard to tell. And don't get me started on the rabbits...

All of this is a suitably disjointed way of saying that our topic for this episode is David Lynch's 2006 film, INLAND EMPIRE. One could debate whether this is a horror film, and we certainly do on the episode. Even if you don't believe that it is, I'd be surprised if INLAND EMPIRE didn't unnerve you more than most films.

We are joined for this lengthy discussion by Mike Mason, line editor for Call of Cthulhu and long-time Lynch fan. He even tries to help with our singing. I fear our natural lack of talent may have overcome Mike's skill and enthusiasm, however.

Tore
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Episode 74 - INLAND EMPIRE

Post by Tore » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:19 am

The singing was particularly good this time. :shock: I hardly lost any SAN.
Where Yig doth tread no man treads tomorrow.
Reeking death, harvest of humans in hatred.
Suck on the shitbag of what you created, what we created.
Yig now incoming, Yig now is here.
Yig he makes everything impossibly queer.

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:52 am

That was purely Mike's stabilising influence. We'll be back to the normal eldritch cacophony next time (appropriately, the Erich Zann episode).

Paul Fricker
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Paul Fricker » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:36 am

Tore wrote:The singing was particularly good this time. :shock: I hardly lost any SAN.
Now I'm conflicted: you say it was particularly good, but that you lost hardly any SAN. With my Keeper hat on loss of SAN = better!
One of the Good Friends of Jackson Elias (a Call of Cthulhu podcast)

KeeperAntUK
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by KeeperAntUK » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:05 pm

I quite enjoyed the singing when I listened to the ep the other day :-)

One question though; how does one make it stop? It's been a few days now and in my head it just keeps going round and round and round and round and .....

:shock:

Ant

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:46 pm

KeeperAntUK wrote:I quite enjoyed the singing when I listened to the ep the other day :-)

One question though; how does one make it stop? It's been a few days now and in my head it just keeps going round and round and round and round and .....
It's a little-known fact that customised forms of tinnitus can be engineered. With the correct modulation of frequencies, one may damage a subject's inner ear in such a manner that it continues to relay the selected sound to the target's brain in perpetuity.

DARPA experimented with sound cannons capable of producing this effect for use as non-lethal weapons, as well as for shits and giggles, but eventually abandoned the project as "irritating". Happily we are not bound by the same strict moral code as the US government, and have continued their work.

All of this is a long-winded way of saying that the singing will continue until you carve it out of your ears using knitting needles.

Tore
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Tore » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Paul Fricker wrote:
Tore wrote:The singing was particularly good this time. :shock: I hardly lost any SAN.
Now I'm conflicted: you say it was particularly good, but that you lost hardly any SAN. With my Keeper hat on loss of SAN = better!
When the landscape of your soul looks like Guernica, you're thankful when it isn't also on fire, Mr. Fricker. 8-)

Where Yig doth tread no man treads tomorrow.
Reeking death, harvest of humans in hatred.
Suck on the shitbag of what you created, what we created.
Yig now incoming, Yig now is here.
Yig he makes everything impossibly queer.