Nexus Game Fair 2015

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Nexus Game Fair 2015

Post by EddyPo » Sat May 09, 2015 12:28 am

Speaking of Milwaukee...

Nexus Game Fair is coming up fast. June 25th to 28th. Game registration opens up May 17th. There's a lot of cool games listed on the event calendar. Plus they get some of the same luminaries that Gary Con gets (Mentzer, Ward, etc.).

Here's their website for more details.

http://www.nexusgamefair.com
Not a hack!

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Nexus Game Fair 2015

Post by caddy1071 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:28 am

I'll be out of town on a business trip for the week (hopefully getting some sweet exploration time in Boston :) ), but I'm hoping I can make Saturday/Sunday. I'm a big fan of Nexus - we had a great time last year and hung out with a lot of legends and had some brews. HIGHLY recommended. It's a new venue this year (too bad - I really liked last year's location), so hopefully it will be just as enjoyable.

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Sat May 09, 2015 2:06 pm

Ugh...1 week later and I may actually have been able to go. :( Have fun there!
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sun May 10, 2015 5:49 pm

trevlix wrote:Ugh...1 week later and I may actually have been able to go. :( Have fun there!
Rats! That's too bad. Maybe next year. Should be a good time this year. In addition to some CoC goodness I'm hoping to try DCC for the first time in a 0-level character funnel.
Not a hack!

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Ha! Nice, Ed! What day are you running your funnel? Looks like I'm going to make Saturday/Sunday. Lemme know what times you're running - I definitely want to try to get in with you and play, that would be awesome! :)

I'm seeing a Possing Chill game on Saturday evening - is that a relative or possibly an alias? :p

Heads up to other folks - LOTS of Michael Browne goodness from the Dead Games Society - I can't say enough - GET IN A GAME. It's a blast. It's d20 Cthulhu, looks like he has two new ones this year - Speed Racer and The Brady Bunch, along with his classic KISS-tastrophe in TSR Marvel Superheroes. I am BUMMED I'm going to miss a chance on the new ones - I'll have to settle with trying to get into the KISS-tastrophe game. :p

Anyway, Ed - please give me the heads up on your games - if I could make one (or more ;) ), I'd love to do so!

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:25 pm

OH, another cool game this year - somebody is running Feng Shui 2. :) One of my projects is to put something together for DGS in the original Feng Shui, and it's a pretty cool (and easy) system. May be trying to weasel into one of those games somehow as well. :p

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sun May 17, 2015 2:40 am

That Chill game is being run by my brother John. It'll be the first convention game he's ever run. I might get in on it. We'll see. He runs to midnight which is a little late for this old guy.

I'm not running the DCC funnel, I'm hoping to get in on that table as a player. It's the Sunday am game, Sailors Under a Starless Sea. Haven't played DCC yet and I'm excited to try.

Let me know what games you get in Caddy.
Not a hack!

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi! AH! Sorry Ed - misunderstood - thought you were saying you were running. :p Cool! Yeah, I've played Starless - it's a lot of fun! Enjoy the funnel! What CoC are you trying for? Anything on Saturday? Let me know what you are thinking, I'll try to get in on a game with you - that would be a blast. :)

We're going to try for KISS-Tastrophe at 2 PM with Michael Browne, but I think that's about all the plan we have (and it will probably be squelched by popularity. :) ).

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon May 18, 2015 2:52 pm

KISS-tastrphe sold out. Did you get in Caddy?
Not a hack!

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:26 pm

EddyPo wrote:KISS-tastrphe sold out. Did you get in Caddy?
Hi! Yeah, they go quick. :p I was able to get one, but my buddy, Steve was not. :( We're still going to see what we can work out. We may also possibly do the CoC scheduled at 12 (Derelict Company?) as Steve got a ticket for that one. We are both in your brother's CHILL game and an AD&D game Sunday morning. :)

You going to be around for a bit Saturday evening? Maybe we can get some dinner and drinks and finally hang out a bit! :p

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound